[texworks] Building TeXworks on Windows using MinGW

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Sun Jun 14 10:35:23 CEST 2009

Hi,

On 2009-06-14 10:26, Alain Delmotte wrote:
> Compiling with (of course yes) and without
> LIBS += -lpoppler
> LIBS += -lfreetype
> LIBS += -lz
> works.

OK, thanks. Then I'll omit them in the final guide (they are needed
implicitly by the other libraries, but there's no need to explicitly
give them in TeXworks.pro).

> But I get the same error at runtime as Tomek reports.

As replied to Tomek, please try a different mirror. If that doesn't
help, Could you install the DependecyWalker
(http://www.dependencywalker.com/) and check where the bad QtGui
reference comes from (simply load TeXworks.exe in the dependecy walker)?
Also, try displaying the whole path (in my version, this could be done
by right-clicking on the tree on the left) of the dlls and check where
they are loaded from. In some cases, the libraries are loaded from the
wrong path (in your case e.g. the msvc KDE libs instead of the mingw
ones) which can cause problems. If there is such an issue, try copying
the dlls in question from the correct location to the same directory
your texworks.exe resides in. My preliminary list of required dlls is this:
jpeg62.dll
libfontconfig.dll
libfreetype.dll
iconv.dll
libpoppler-qt4.dll
libpoppler.dll
libxml2.dll
mingwm10.dll
QtCore4.dll
QtGui4.dll
QtXml4.dll
zlib1.dll

> Good to see that I am not anymore alone to compile to Windows :-)

Yep :)