[texworks] Lua scripting

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at me.com
Sun Jun 14 08:47:55 CEST 2009

Le 14 juin 09 à 00:11, Jérome Laurens a écrit :

> Le 13 juin 09 à 22:26, Reinhard Kotucha a écrit :
>
>> On 11 June 2009 T T wrote:
>>
>>> On 11/06/2009, Hans Hagen <pragma at wxs.nl> wrote:
>>>
>>> If
>>> someone is stupid enough to run a random piece of code from a random
>>> place, I'd say they get what they deserve.

That's a rather rude thing to say.

The way most viruses and trojans propagate nowadays is so-called
social engineering: asking non-techie users to install or authorize
something (Active X component or such), and use the fact that they
have no idea what this is about to get them to think this something is
legitimate.

>>> You cannot protect against
>>> that anyway and introducing draconian security measures can only
>>> cripple legitimate usage cases.

Yes, of course security measures must be designed cleverly enough not
to get into the user's way.

> Things are not that simple.
>
> TeXWorks natural audience is the beginner in TeX, and most probably
> in scripting too.
> You cannot ask a user  to supervise the script management when he is
> just learning what -is- a script.

Exactly my sentiment.

Bruno Voisin