[texworks] TeXworks Windows available

Jonathan Kew jfkthame at googlemail.com
Sat Jun 13 14:00:04 CEST 2009

On 13 Jun 2009, at 12:04, Hans Hagen wrote:

> Hi Alain
>
>> Texworks binary for Windows (r.311 with actions.ini possibility) is
>> on
>> my website:
>> http://www.leliseron.org/texworks
>
> thanks! i have a couple of questions
>
> is there also some more info about what confugurations options there
> are?

Currently, just the comments within the provided sample files, plus
anything Alain may have written up.

> i noticed that texworks creates a bunch of texmplate dirs at
> startup; these templates seem to be hard coded; is there a way to
> prevent this behaviour?

No, but if you discard the contents of the dirs (leaving them empty,
but not deleting them altogether), they won't be recreated. (Or in
other words, yes, you can prevent this -- by creating empty
placeholder directories before running TW.)

BTW, do you end up with left-over temporary files in those dirs, as
well as the "real" ones that it puts there? That seems to be a Qt
problem on Windows, at least in some cases, but I haven't gotten to
the bottom of it.

> the current state (recent files etc) is stored in the main ini file
> (which in my case lives in the bin path); i wonder what happens if
> the bin path is not writeable  or when multiple users run texworks
> from the same bin path

You'll have problems, of course. Don't configure it that way if that's
how you intend to use the installation.

> is there a way to turn off the yellow background of the currently
> edited line?

No, sorry. So you don't like this? I find it helpful to keep track of
where the insertion point is, in the midst of a large window of text.
I guess it could be made a preference option.

JK