[texworks] TeXworks Windows available

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Sat Jun 13 13:52:38 CEST 2009

Hi,

On 2009-06-13 13:04, Hans Hagen wrote:
> i have a couple of questions
>
> is there also some more info about what confugurations options there are?

Not in a single place right now, I'm afraid. Some options that can be
given to texworks-setup.ini can be found in
http://code.google.com/p/texworks/issues/detail?id=95. The
defaultbinpaths option has been discussed quite excessively on this
mailing list recently.

Any other configuration options are not intended to be alter directly
but rather through TW itself.

> i noticed that texworks creates a bunch of texmplate dirs at startup;
> these templates seem to be hard coded; is there a way to prevent this
> behaviour?

They are partially hard coded. You cannot prevent their creation, but
you can place them anywhere you want. See the link I provided above.

> the current state (recent files etc) is stored in the main ini file
> (which in my case lives in the bin path); i wonder what happens if the
> bin path is not writeable  or when multiple users run texworks from
> the same bin path

I assume you're running on Windows. In this case, this should not be the
default behavior. Normally, user settings should be saved on a per-user
basis in the registry. Only if you created the texworks-setup.ini file
(which is by no means necessary) you get into this situation. In that
case, it's up to you to ensure that different users can have different
settings if they want to (which I doubt is possible if the main ini file
resides in the TW bin directory).

What exactly will happen if the path is not writable I don't know. My
guess is that in the best case, you just don't get all the features like
code completion, syntax highlighting. In the worst case, TW dies with an
error on startup. If you could try and report a bug at
http://code.google.com/p/texworks/issues/list is TW indeed crashes it
would be helpful.

> is there a way to turn off the yellow background of the currently
> edited line?

Not that I know of. Please file a bug for this.

-Stefan