[texworks] Lua scripting

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard mpg at elzevir.fr
Thu Jun 11 01:04:34 CEST 2009

Stefan Löffler a écrit :
> Thanks, that's a good start. I'd have to transcode it to the Lua C Api,
> but that shouldn't be too difficult. And since the scripts are run from
> only one function I'd only have to code it once.

You can find an example in luatex's code, eg hide_lua_value() in
source/texk/web2c/luatexdir/lua/luastuff.c

> Are there any other critical functions? Like command execution, or
> something? Network/internet access?

Here too you can look for inspiration in luatex, section 3.1.3 of the manual say
that the following function are disabled by default in tex mode:

library functions
os      execute exec setenv rename remove tmpdir
io      popen output tmpfile
lfs     rmdir mkdir chdir lock touch

(some of them are not standard Lua functions).

Manuel.