[texworks] New version 302/303

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Sun Jun 7 16:56:54 CEST 2009

Hi,

On 2009-06-06 17:44, T T wrote:
> Hmmm, I think I will have to finally bite the bullet and get some
> build system of the ground. I just don't have the time to chase up all
> those dependencies... Any chances of providing a build system bundling
> everything necessary to build TW? That would certainly encourage more
> people to play with it, especially on Windows.

Actually, setting up the build system is not so difficult. Jonathan has
already posted a link to the wiki page. Of course you need the basic
stuff (c++, subversion). But other than that, almost all libraries are
available via the KDE on Windows project, and they have a nice
installer. You need to get hunspell manually (and possibly lua in the
future), but all in all I'd say it takes about half an hour, maybe an
hour with all the restarts ;).

Providing a full build system wouldn't help that much, as you'd still
need c++, subversion, and all that stuff. You could bundle the
libraries, but since that is mostly done anyway there would be no point
in doing that again and providing dozens of megabyte for download, IMHO.

-Stefan