[texworks] Select/Paste not working

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Sun Jun 7 15:42:56 CEST 2009

Hi,

On 2009-06-07 14:11, Jonathan Kew wrote:
> This may be related to how TeXworks overrides some mouse-click
> behaviors (primarily because the default selection behavior in Qt's
> text edit isn't suitable for TeX editing).

Not sure if that's it, but could be. In any case what I think we should
be looking at is QClipboard::setText with mode=QClipboard::Selection. I
assumed that this should be done automatically by the signal
QClipboard::selectionChanged (what else could that be there for?), but
if it isn't, setText seems to be the place to start. I just didn't have
time to look into it much yet (see my other message).

> Could someone give a clear description of exactly what you expect to
> happen on a middle-click? Is it supposed to copy any already-selected
> text to the clipboard? Paste data from the clipboard at the click
> position?

No, not exactly. It bypasses the "normal" clipboard (it seems to use an
alternative, X-specific clipboard). Apparently any selected text in a
(not necessarily active) X window can be pasted into any other
(necessarily the active) by middle-click.

> Some other function? Does it vary depending on modifier keys, or on
> whether the click is within selected text or not?

Click can be anywhere. Strg, Shift do nothing, Alt-middle-click doesn't
work.

-Stefan