[texworks] New version 302/303

Jonathan Kew jfkthame at googlemail.com
Thu Jun 4 09:44:19 CEST 2009

On 4 Jun 2009, at 07:56, Alain Delmotte wrote:

> Hello!
>
> T T a écrit :
>> On 02/06/2009, Alain Delmotte <alain.delmotte at leliseron.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi!
>>>
>>> I updated my collection of files for the source of TeXworks
>>> (302/303)
>>> and compiled it (net yet on my website).
>>>
>>> Some new warnings during compilation.
>>>
>>> But more important: the "defaulbinpaths" in "texworks-setup.ini"
>>> doesn't
>>> work.
>>>

>> I remember you said the same about rev.295, but it works for me (on
>> XP
>> and Vista). Well, not completely... It only works if tex binaries are
>> on the very first element of defaultbinpaths.

That's odd; could you confirm exactly what your working and non-
working versions of defaultbinpaths look like?

> What do you mean by "on the very first element of defaultbinpaths"?
> TeXworks is in "C:\Program Files\texworks" and my "texworks-
> setup.ini" is
> =================
> defaultbinpaths = C:/Program Files/MiKTeX 2.7/miktex/bin
> inipath = C:/adel/TeXworks/
> libpath = C:/adel/TeXworks/
> and it doesn't work (if I erase the typesetting info in Preferences
> and restart TeXworks).

I wonder if this is because there are spaces in the path; perhaps it
is not being quoted properly at some stage. I'll try to look into
this; or if you'd be able to do a test and confirm this (e.g.,
temporarily copy the entire miktex tree to C:/miktex, and try
defaultbinpaths = C:/miktex/bin) I'd be interested to know what happens.

JK