[texworks] Hard wrapping

Jonathan Kew jfkthame at googlemail.com
Wed May 6 04:53:00 CEST 2009

On 5 May 2009, at 22:34, Dohyun Kim wrote:

> If I check "Re-wrap paragraphs" checkbox,
> line with comment sign at end becomes merged with
> next line, which then is ignored while processing the document.
>
> For example, a document like this:
>
>    First line. %
>    Second line.
>
> becomes as follows when hard-wrapped with re-wrap option checked:
>
>    First line. % Second line.

True; it regards a "paragraph" as a series of non-blank lines, and
merges them.

> I think that lines with comment character should be treated as
> an exception when re-wrapping.

Yes, that's one of the possible enhancements I thought about. It gets
a bit tricky, though, given the possibilities of escaped % signs, etc.
(So \% doesn't start a comment.... but \\% does.... etc.)

In general I think of this kind of re-wrapping as being appropriate
for simple paragraphs of plain text, where there aren't normally
embedded comments. If you've been breaking the text into lines and
commenting them individually, then applying re-wrap probably doesn't
make much sense.

JK