[texworks] Hard wrapping

Jonathan Kew jfkthame at googlemail.com
Tue May 5 07:19:38 CEST 2009

On 26 Apr 2009, at 02:44, Alain Delmotte wrote:

> Hello!
>
> Following the publication by Stefan of the patch for hard wrapping
> (issue #40), I did put TeXworks.exe (r.291 with HW for Windows) on
> my site for testing and comment:
> go to http://www.leliseron.org/texworks/
>
> In the Edit menu of the editor there will be a new entry "Hard
> Wrap", clicking on it brings a dialog in which you can define the
> parameters of the wrapping (whole document or selection, end line
> characters, tab - for further indent,...).

For people interested in this feature, r.294 of the code now includes
a very basic version of Hard Wrap, with minimal options in the dialog.
This is inspired by Stefan's patch (obviously), but deliberately
simplified as far as seems reasonably possible.

I have some ideas for how to enhance this, but would like to keep the
user interface as simple as possible while providing enough
functionality to be useful. Comments welcome.

JK