[texworks] how to customize the completion

Peng Shao shallpion at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 29 10:09:42 CEST 2009

Dear Stefan:

thank you very much.

Yes I found the mistakes you pointed out, I appreciate it very much.

I tried you suggestion, yes if I modify the line beginning with {equation} I can get what I want

However if I try to modiry the line beginning with bequ:.....

and I press Tab after typing bequ I still get the old one..

btw, dear Joseph thank you for your reminding, I always reopen texworks after modifying the tw-latex.txt, am I correct? :p

The most weird thing, I moved tw-latex.txt away and created a new tw-latex.txt file with only

%%!TEX encoding = UTF-8 Unicode
bequ:=\begin{equation}#RET#test#INS##RET#\end{equation}

as its content and when I pressed tab after typing bequ, I still got

\begin{equation}

cursor

\end{equation}bullet

I pressed tab several times, then I got what I modified. So, I guess, are there some complement codes "embedded" in texworks?

Yes the tab+ctrl seems to be occupied by windows as some kind of hotkey, I am not sure if the software autohotkey can

help us release it from windows....

Thank you

Regards, Shao Peng