[texworks] how to customize the completion

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 09:14:39 CEST 2009

Hi,

Peng Shao schrieb:
> The tw-latex.txt file I modified is the one in
> C:\Documents and Settings\shaopeng\TeXworks\completion
> and in linux, it is in ~/texworks/res/resfiles/completion

At least the linux file is not the correct one. The one you mention is
just the template from the source code that gets copied to your "real"
configuration directory, which should be ~/.TeXworks/completion

I just tested your modifications on Linux (Ubuntu 9.04) and maybe found
your problem.
If I enter "bequ" and press tab I get the modified environment (i.e.
with "test" in the middle). If I write "\begin{equa" and press tab I
still get the old one. The problem is that there are several different
shortcuts to get the equation environment. Just search for "equation" in
tw-latex.txt. You'll find (amongst others) a line starting with
"{equation}" which is the one that gets used in your case.

> I am really really sorry to hear that the bullets do not work well
> under windows. I like it very much:(

I imagine this is because Ctrl-Tab is used by the operating system (to
tab through sub-windows). But I'd need further investigations to confirm
this.

Regards