[texworks] how to customize the completion

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 07:15:06 CEST 2009

Hi,

On 2009-04-29 06:20, Peng Shao wrote:
> I found the completion of texworks is really great, however I still
> want to customize it
> so that it fits my custom better. I am working on windows xp and I
> found a file tw-latex.txt
> under the completion directory, I tried to modify this file, but I did
> not succeed. So I have
> to seek help here. Is it able to customize the completion in texworks,
> even to choose another
> key rather than ctrl+tab to realize completion? I really like the
> bullet "dot" , it is so convenient.

To answer (some of) your questions: yes, it is possible to customize the
completion, and the tw-latex.txt file is the right point to do that. But
right now it's not possible to change the shortcut key as it's
hard-wired in the source code (unless you want to customize and compile
TW yourself, of course).

There's also a short guide to code completion customization on the wiki:
http://code.google.com/p/texworks/wiki/CodeCompletion
If you need more help it would be good if you could post a specific
issue/some customization you tried that didn't work. That way we could
determine more easily what the problem is.

Regards