[texworks] Help with compilation

Rohan Agrawal agrawalr at MIT.EDU
Sun Apr 26 21:56:36 CEST 2009

I also have this issue in Ubuntu hardy, but it works correctly in
intrepid and in jaunty.  That is why the packages that I announced on
this list earlier are not there for hardy.  Judging by the error message
though, I would assume it is the hunspell libraries that are too old,
not the qt ones.

Rohan

-----Original Message-----
From: Till Rettig <till.rettig at gmx.de>
To: texworks at tug.org
Subject: [texworks] Help with compilation
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2009 22:04:55 +0300

Hello,

I am new to this list. First I should say: Thanks for this great editor,
it is really nice! I was using the Latex-Plugin for Gedit, but with the
pdf window all the time open it is really nice to work on a document.

I got the sources some month ago and compiled them succesfully, but with
the last revision 291 I get always the same mistake:

g++ -c -pipe -O2 -I/usr/include/hunspell -I/usr/include/poppler/qt4
-I/usr/include/poppler -I/usr/include/dbus-1.0
-I/usr/lib/dbus-1.0/include -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -DQT_NO_DEBUG
-DQT_DBUS_LIB -DQT_XML_LIB -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_SHARED
-I/usr/share/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++ -I. -I/usr/include/qt4/QtCore
-I/usr/include/qt4/QtCore -I/usr/include/qt4/QtGui
-I/usr/include/qt4/QtGui -I/usr/include/qt4/QtXml
-I/usr/include/qt4/QtXml -I/usr/include/qt4/QtDBus
-I/usr/include/qt4/QtDBus -I/usr/include/qt4 -Isrc -Imoc -Iui -o
obj/CompletingEdit.o src/CompletingEdit.cpp
src/CompletingEdit.cpp: In member function 'void
CompletingEdit::ignoreWord()':
src/CompletingEdit.cpp:880: error: 'Hunspell_add' was not declared in
this scope
make: *** [obj/CompletingEdit.o] Error 1

Am I something missing? Are there new dependencies that I didn't catch?
I am running Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy -- are the qt libraries there too old
(libqt4-dev_4.3.4)?

Otherwise can I post feature requests also to this list?

Greetings
Till