[texworks] Regex challenges

Joseph Wright joseph.wright at morningstar2.co.uk
Fri Apr 10 15:01:24 CEST 2009

Hello all,

I'm trying to improve my set of regex expressions for writing DTX files.
 There are a couple I'm stuck on: suggestions welcome.

1) The standard pattern for matching control sequences is
\\(?:[A-Za-z@]+|.) This behaves OK unless I follow the sequence by a '
character. If I do, anything following the last @ is not coloured but
stays black.  If I extend the match sequence for LaTeX3-like code
\\(?:[A-Za-z at _:]+|.) then anything after the last non-letter (@, :, _)
is not coloured.  Is my expression defective or is this the matching system?

2) In a DTX, comments in the explanation part start ^^A. This is easy to
match with \^\^A, but that matches even in the code blocks.  Ideally,
I'd like:
  - If the line start %, comment = ^^A
  - If the line starts without %, comment = %
but only colouring from the start of the comment, not the start of the
line.  Is this doable at all?

Thanks in advance for any clues.
--
Joseph Wright