[texworks] commands

Joseph Wright joseph.wright at morningstar2.co.uk
Thu Mar 19 14:20:56 CET 2009

Hans Hagen wrote:
>>> - I think that the 'cleanup aux' files in the menu is too specific for a
>>> macro package, so it should either be configurable or be made
>>> typesetting command dependent or whatever. I can even imagine that there
>>> is an extra menu with options that change depending on the typesetting
>>> command being selected.
>>
>> You can customise it in ~/TeXworks/configuration/texworks-config.txt, at
>> least in the sense of altering what is on the list.
>
> i think that there should be a config per typesetting command, as most
> of what is in this file does not make sense for context (we have no
> \include and \includegraphics but different commands and there cleanup
> suffixes are also different and could even lead to unwanted cleanup)

At first reading, I was a bit lost with this comment.  Then I read the
configuration file, and now I see what you are getting at. Two separate
issues, I think:

1) The first part of texworks-config.txt deals with "drag and drop"
inclusion of files.  Currently, the stuff there is LaTeX-specific.  I
suppose what is needed is something like:

File-type	Engine		Command

text		pdftex		\input %1
text		pdflatex	\include{%1}
text		context		\input{%1} # Am I correct here?
image		pdftex		\special{%1} # No real idea :-)
image		pdflatex	\includegraphics[]{%1}
image		contect		???  # Really no idea :-)

or as you say texworks-config-pdftex, texworks-config-pdflatex and so
on. (I guess the problem there is that pdftex ~ xetex, pdflatex ~
xelatex and context ~ xecontext.)

2) The "tidy up" items. As this is about auto-generated versus
user-created files, I'm not so sure it is typesetting command-specific.
 File types .tex, .ltx, .xml, .bib, and so on are never going to be in.
 Is there a file extension that ConTeXt uses for a user file that is
used elsewhere for something auto-generated?
--
Joseph Wright