[texworks] integrating TeX Works into TeX Live

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sun Mar 15 23:29:57 CET 2009

    At this point, the tricky part of this would be ensuring TW knows
    where to find the TL binaries.

Look along $PATH for tex[.exe].  That's it.  I don't know of any reason
to start guessing at other locations.

Is there any difference in configuring TW for TL vs. for MiKTeX?  I.e.,
do you need to know the TeX distribution you're using?  I'm
guessing/hoping not ...

    Should be fine under the current model, where the TW config is handled
    similarly to most GUI applications.

Hmm.  Let me ask it another way.  Do you think we need to create a
"global" config file for TL?  Or does TW have "compiled-in" defaults
that suffice?  Or?

    > Jonathan, are you there :)?
    Yes, and listening. :)

Cool :).  And coding (need I ask :)?  Any ETA on a candidate we can ask
the TL builders to take a crack at?  Library updates still needed?

Thanks,
Karl