[texworks] integrating TeX Works into TeX Live

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Sat Mar 14 05:29:49 CET 2009

On 13 March 2009 Norbert Preining wrote:

 > On Fr, 13 M?r 2009, Reinhard Kotucha wrote:
 > >   $TEXMFHOME/texworks
 >
 > Which was up to TL2007, AFAIR, on Windows the same for all users,
 > physically the same.

Of course!  I'm glad that you remember that TL-2007 had been a
crippled single platform/single user system.  But do you really
believe that you can make it a multi user system by arbitrary
spreading config files around the system?  No, TL-2007 is definitely
not a multi user system.  It even didn't distinguish between a normal
user and a system administrator.  Look into texmf.cnf for Windows.
You'll see something like TEXMFHOME=TEXMFLOCAL.

And as I said already, THERE ARE ENOUGH OTHER PROGRAMS WHICH ARE USING
TEXMFHOME ALREADY FOR ABOUT TWO DECADES.  Why, the hell, do you insist
on treating texworks as an exception.  Do you really want to go back
to the stone-age?

 > Anyway, discussion closed.

Sorry, I didn't know that you are the one who has to decide everything.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25