[texworks] Portable version

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at me.com
Wed Feb 18 12:18:42 CET 2009

Le 17 févr. 09 à 17:48, Alain Delmotte a écrit :

> I did compile the portable version (see issue #95) with version 271.
> (under Windows XP)
> It works but it seems that the forward and reverse search are not
> working anymore!
>
> Of course I did redefine the to have the uncompressed use of synctex
> and the folder containing the source of the document and the
> installations TeXworks folders do not have accented characters in
> their path.

When you say "I did redefine the [???] to have the uncompressed use of
synctex" do you mean you changed the Xe(La)TeX processing tools in
Preferences/Typesetting to use the option

-synctex=-1

(notice the minus sign) instead of

-synctex=1

I can't find out where exactly this is documented ("xetex --help"
doesn't say much in this respect, neither do "synctex help"), but IIRC
from past email exchanges with Jonathan and Dick Koch (the main
TeXShop developer) the value "1" for the synctex option means using a
compressed .synctex file and "-1" an uncompressed .synctex file.

Bruno Voisin