[texworks] Portable version

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 11:53:39 CET 2009

Hi,

On 2009-02-17 17:48, Alain Delmotte wrote:
> I did compile the portable version (see issue #95) with version 271.
> (under Windows XP)
> It works but it seems that the forward and reverse search are not
> working anymore!
>
> Of course I did redefine the to have the uncompressed use of synctex
> and the folder containing the source of the document and the
> installations TeXworks folders do not have accented characters in
> their path.

Let's start with the usual questions:

Does LaTeX produce the synctex file correctly (can you open it in a text
editor successfully)?
Does TeXworks display a message saying it uses the synctex file in the
pdf window's status bar when you open the document?
Does the behavior change depending on whether you use the portability
mode (i.e. depending on the existence of portable.ini)

And for the sake of completeness:

It did work with previous versions and you didn't change any
configuration/update your TeX distribution/do anything else?
Does it work with the pure version 271 (without the portability patch)?

HTH