[texworks] JPEG rendering problem

Alain Delmotte esperanto at swing.be
Tue Jan 27 14:42:20 CET 2009

Hi!

I retested with the different versions I have (working under Windows XP):
r132, r161 and r238 give a ping background for the images in the preview,
r252 (which I compiled following the instructions of Stefan) doesn't.

*But* the background is only for .jpeg images, a .png will not have the
background in the different releases.

This background appears only within TeXworks and not in a viewer (Adobe
Reader, PDFXChange tested) as it shouldn't because the picture has no
background (well perhaps a white one for the graph).
In my point of view there should not be a background, unless one finds
some use (size of the area used by the picture?) for it in developing a
document.

Herb Sculz:
 > Hmmmm... Opening the pdf file produced by compiling the test file shows
 > Black and the correct background color in both Preview (& TeXShop) and
 > Adobe Reader. But it shows the distorted colors in TeXWorks (last
released binary).

What is the "correct background"?
I think the background should be white or none (the paper behind); the
picture files themself do not have a background colour and there are no
instructions to get a background in the file received:
\begin{document}

\centering

\includegraphics[width=5cm]{lines-part} \\[\bigskipamount]

\includegraphics[width=10cm]{D62A60Z144}

\end{document}

Alain