[texworks] Possible problem with the Windows version

Alain Delmotte esperanto at swing.be
Wed Jan 21 18:40:24 CET 2009

Hi!

I decided to update the version of TeXworks I have on my portable
(Windows XP SP3 as my main machine) using the new version I compiled
following the instructions of Stefan (see previous posts - MSVC 2008).

I copied everything which was in the c:\Program Files\TeXworks folder on
the main to the same folder on the portable.
When I want to start TeXworks I get an error message:
"This application could not start because the configuration is not
correct. Re-installing the aplication could solve the problem"
Erasing the TeXworks folder created by TeXworks at first start did not help.

Does the system requires some components which were used during
compilation, present on my main machine (on which I compiled) and not
present on the portable? Or is it another problem (MSVC 2008??)?

I think this is important for others.

Any solution?

Alain