[texworks] Building TeXworks on WinXP

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Tue Jan 20 14:10:08 CET 2009

Hi,

I finally figured out what caused the memory corruption problem: it was
VC++ 2008 Express. If you build it with VC++ 2005 Express everything
works fine (though I experienced some odd behavior when zooming to
screen width; but that should be unrelated). Unfortunately Setting up
VC++ 2005 Express is a little more complicated than setting up the
latest version. I've updated the building instructions (with some
additional notes about why the 2005 edition should be used) and thought
I'd share it here on the mailing list.

I'm looking forward to comments,