[texworks] Trying to build TeXworks on Xubuntu 8.10

Iwan Setyawan isetyawan at gmail.com
Mon Jan 19 15:54:58 CET 2009

Hi,

I did try to install the package by itself, with the same result. (BTW, the
error I mentioned earlier should have been dpkg: error processing comerr-dev
(--configure) ).

I also think that this is a packaging error, and not TeXworks related. I'm
not well-versed in debian packaging system, but I suspect that the postinst
script in the package contains errors. I have an idea that I want to try
out, but currently I'm not in front of the Xubuntu box. I'll try it tomorrow
and -- if it works -- I'll post it here. In the meantime, any ideas or
outright solutions are very welcome. :)

I've searched the Ubuntu forum and found a few posts describing similar
error. But I don't see any solution to this error yet.

- Iwan