[texworks] Building TeXworks on WinXP

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Tue Dec 23 18:18:52 CET 2008

Hi!

Since there seemed to be the wish from some people to build TeXworks on
MS Windows I tried out a few possibilities and wrote a short guide to
the (IMO) simplest way. I have tested it on WinXP, but it should work on
other Windows versions as well (possibly with some adjusted paths).

Note: There seems to be a memory-management related problem that
prevents running TeXworks from within MSVC (the programming
environment). I believe that this is a bug in Poppler (that also exists
on Linux and up to the latest version) but I can't guarantee that it is
indeed rather harmless. In any case use the guide and the compiled
TeXworks application at your own risk, don't open untrusted documents,
and don't blame me in any case ;).

Hope this helps.
-Stefan

PS: I hope the attachment gets through to the mailing list. If not I'll
copy the guide and send it as a normal mail.