[texworks] Completion changes...

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Tue Dec 2 20:42:58 CET 2008

On Dec 2, 2008, at 1:33 PM, Jonathan Kew wrote:

> On 3 Dec 2008, at 08:22, Edd Barrett wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Dec 2, 2008 at 5:58 PM, Herbert Schulz <herbs at wideopenwest.com
>> > wrote:
>>> Howdy,
>>>
>>> What do you mean by ``rebuilding the project''? What is already in
>>> the tex
>>> file is plain text and will not change. However, the next time you
>>> start an
>>> itemize environment and use the completion for bite you'll get the
>>> new
>>> version.
>>

>> No you misunderstood. The qmake project (ie. texworks). The resource
>> files need to be re-embedded in the binary.
>

> No, the resource files embedded in the binary are *not* used at
> runtime if you have existing files in the TeXworks support folder
> (in ~/.TeXworks on BSD, I guess). The embedded files are copied to
> the support folder on first run (or if you delete the folders in
> there, to start afresh) to provide an initial default configuration,
> but in your case I expect you still have old versions there, and
> that's what will be used.
>
> JK

Howdy,

I've edited the tw-latex.txt file in ~/Library/TeXworks/completion/ on
the Mac and the extra return is still there when I do the completion.
This is after a re-start of TeXworks. The editing involved four items:
the bite:=, \bite:=, biteo:= and \biteo:= items.

Good Luck,

Herb Schulz
(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)