[texworks] Completion changes...

Jonathan Kew jonathan at jfkew.plus.com
Tue Dec 2 20:33:04 CET 2008

On 3 Dec 2008, at 08:22, Edd Barrett wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 2, 2008 at 5:58 PM, Herbert Schulz
> <herbs at wideopenwest.com> wrote:
>> Howdy,
>>
>> What do you mean by ``rebuilding the project''? What is already in
>> the tex
>> file is plain text and will not change. However, the next time you
>> start an
>> itemize environment and use the completion for bite you'll get the
>> new
>> version.
>

> No you misunderstood. The qmake project (ie. texworks). The resource
> files need to be re-embedded in the binary.

No, the resource files embedded in the binary are *not* used at
runtime if you have existing files in the TeXworks support folder (in
~/.TeXworks on BSD, I guess). The embedded files are copied to the
support folder on first run (or if you delete the folders in there, to
start afresh) to provide an initial default configuration, but in your
case I expect you still have old versions there, and that's what will
be used.

JK