[texworks] Seg - OpenBSD - Latest SVN

Edd Barrett vext01 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 25 21:56:18 CET 2008

Hi,

On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 8:46 PM, Jonathan Kew <jonathan at jfkew.plus.com> wrote:
> On 26 Nov 2008, at 09:38, Edd Barrett wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I don't know the repro steps on this, but I have had this twice on my
>> editing session this eve:
>>
>> Error: PDF file is damaged - attempting to reconstruct xref table...
>> Error: Couldn't find trailer dictionary
>> Error: Couldn't read xref table
>> Error: Couldn't open file
>> '/home/edd/Documents/bmth-sqt-assm-1a/trunk/doc/sqt1.pdf'
>> zsh: segmentation fault (core dumped)  ./texworks
>>
>> It happens after a CTRL+T
>>
>> Sorry I cant provide more details.
>
> Can other programs open the PDF file involved?

Yes, XPDF can. Althought the document is incomplete, as tex ran out of memory.

I should be able to up the limits of the main memory, but it seems to ignore me:
x31% kpsewhere texmf.cnf
/usr/local/share/texmf/web2c/texmf.cnf
/usr/local/share/texmf/web2c/texmf.cnf
/usr/local/share/texmf/web2c/texmf.cnf
/usr/local/share/texmf/web2c/texmf.cnf
/usr/local/share/texmf/web2c/texmf.cnf
/usr/local/share/texmf/web2c/texmf.cnf

x31% grep main_memory /usr/local/share/texmf/web2c/texmf.cnf
% main_memory.hugetex = 20000000
% main_memory is relevant only to initex, extra_mem_* only to non-ini.
% Thus, have to redump the .fmt file after changing main_memory; to add
main_memory = 6000000 % words of inimemory available; also applies to inimf&mp

still complaining about 3000000...

Confused (and frustrated...). This assignment is due in 2 days :(

--

Best Regards

Edd

http://students.dec.bournemouth.ac.uk/ebarrett