[texworks] Hot keys / templates

Jonathan Kew jonathan at jfkew.plus.com
Tue Nov 25 21:15:27 CET 2008

On 26 Nov 2008, at 08:55, Joseph Wright wrote:

> Edd Barrett wrote:
>
>> If you find out, please let me know :) I'm not on windows, but im
>> guessing it should be the same for me.
>>

>> From the code:
>
> void CompletingEdit::handleCompletionShortcut(QKeyEvent *e)
> {
> // usage:
> //   unmodified: next completion
> //   shift     : previous completion
> //   alt       : skip to next placeholder
> //   alt-shift : skip to previous placeholder
>

> So now (on Windows) the problem is obvious.  On Windows, ALT-TAB =
> Switching between running programs.  This happens before TeXWorks sees
> anything, so it doesn't work.  I guess on the Mac the issue does not
> arise.

Suggested alternatives would be welcome; it doesn't necessarily have
to be the same on all platforms, although uniformity does make it
easier for people who use more than one (or interact with others on
different platforms).

Does Ctrl-TAB do anything special on Windows, or would that be a
possibility? (We can't use the corresponding Cmd-TAB on the Mac,
though, as that is the OS X shortcut to switch between programs.)

JK