[texworks] Hot keys / templates

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Tue Nov 25 20:00:00 CET 2008

On Nov 25, 2008, at 12:35 PM, Edd Barrett wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 1:20 PM, Herbert Schulz <herbs at wideopenwest.com
> > wrote:
>> On a new line try
>>
>> bite
>>
>> and then press TAB.
>>

> Thats great :)
>
> I would recommend you make it more obvious that this feature exists :)
>
> --
>
> Best Regards
>
> Edd

Howdy,

Since TeXWorks is actually pre-release there is no real documentation.
There is a UTF-8 encoded file (make sure it's opened with UTF-8
encoding when you peruse this file), tw-latex.txt, found in ~/Library/
TeXworks/completion/ on a Mac (don't remember where it is on other
systems) that contains the completions. You'll also notice ``bullets''
which are place holders (marks) to jump to arguments or ends of
expansions quickly. On a Mac you use Option-TAB to jump forward to the
next mark and Shift-Option-TAB to jump backwards; I have no idea what
it is on other systems but would like to know for future reference.

There are lots of expansions in that file but I can guarantee that it
isn't complete. Look at the contents to see how to create your own
(remember UTF-8!). There is a version of the completions what is to be
used with TeXShop on a Mac that comes with some documentation about
what's in the file and how to use it. Some of it is probably TeXShop/
Mac specific but much of the usage disciption may be helpful. You can
download it as CommandCompletion.zip from <http://homepage.mac.com/herbs2
 >.

Good Luck,

Herb Schulz