[texworks] interface language setting

Jonathan Kew jonathan at jfkew.plus.com
Tue Nov 18 16:45:13 CET 2008

On 18 Nov 2008, at 10:20, Hans van der Meer wrote:

> Between TeXWorks r167 and r223 something changed with the language
> setting in the interface. I am working on MacOSX10.5.5 with the
> preferred language set to english in the System Preferences. This
> setting is honoured by r167 but not by r223. Because I do all my
> work with programs having their interface in english, it is annoying
> to see TeXWorks deviate. Accessing the preferences of TeXWorks did
> not help.
>
> I kindly ask to restore the previous behaviour that did not override
> the users preferences in the language of the interface.
>
> Hans van der Meer

Yes, there was a change (unintended!) at that time. See the mailing
list discussion titled "new binaries for Windows and Mac OS X" from
the end of October for details. Thanks to Bruno's persistence, we
finally figured out what's happening.

I'm guessing that you have the Region (in System Preferences /
International / Formats) set to the Netherlands; this is what's
confusing TeXworks (because of how the Qt locale system works).

This was fixed in r228, but I haven't built a new binary release yet,
sorry. Once there is an updated version, you should find that the
TeXworks preferences behave properly again.

JK