[texworks] Some remarks

Alain Delmotte alain.delmotte at leliseron.org
Thu Oct 30 14:50:40 CET 2008

Hi to every TeXworks (pre)lovers,

Here some remarks about the way TeXworks works and others. (working on
Windows)

1) When one compile single file or sub-document of a project, one is
back on the first line of the main file (issues 57 and 59 - due to the
save operation).
Very annoying!

2)  tw-latex.txt completion file should be looked at.
For example there are 2 "it" entries for \textit{} and \item.
Also, it would be good to have all shortcuts duplicated without "\" as
this is difficult to enter on some keyboards (ex. French: AltGr+<, or
even Ctrl+Alt+<); it is the reason why for the French translation I
propose Ctrl+$ to show/hide the output panel (Ctrl+\ is impossible to get)

3) Keyboard shortcuts: I propose to replace Ctrl+G for "Search again" by
Ctrl+Shift+F to be coherent with Ctrl+Shift+R "Replace again".
But this would require to have another shortcut for "Full screen"

Other possibilities: use of the Fx keys (experience of other OS needed)!

4) When one "Save" a new file or "Save as": one should take care to add
the .tex extension.
I propose to have it automatically added!!

5) The problem to get the accented capitals and others using AltGr+ù and
E (for \'E on a French keyboard and probably on others) comes from Qt as
it is the same in Linguist.

Thanks for the work!

Regards,

Alain