[texworks] new binaries for Windows and Mac OS X

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at me.com
Tue Oct 28 01:33:07 CET 2008

Le Oct 27, 2008 à 4:38 PM, Jonathan Kew a écrit :

> I still can't figure out why it would ignore the Preferences
> setting, though, as that should override the system/default locale.

Eureka! It seems what's taking over here is the chosen region for
dates, times and numbers in System Preferences > International >
Formats, regardless of the chosen language in System Preferences >
International > Language. This region seems to correspond to the LANG
environment variable.

So when the region is United States, corresponding to
LANG=en_US.UTF-8, the TeXworks locale is indeed defined through
TeXworks' preferences. But when the region format is France, TeXworks'
preference is ignored.

This is all the more confusing as I'm currently in San Diego, CA
instead of Grenoble, France, so I already don't know very well any
longer what my language and environment are ;-)

Bruno