[texworks] Completion "dots"

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Fri Oct 24 00:13:53 CEST 2008

On Oct 23, 2008, at 3:45 PM, Joseph Wright wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> The autocomplete feature of TeXworks adds little "dots" into the text.
> I assume these are meant to be useful in some way, but I can't figure
> out how.  What am I missing?
> --
> Joseph Wright

Howdy,

The ``bullets'' are place holders for arguments. On a Mac you can jump
to each one and select it by using Option-Tab to jump to the next one
forward (and select it so that typing removes it) and Shift-Option-Tab
to jump backwards (ditto). I'm not sure what is used on other systems
(Alt-Tab? Ctl-Tab?).

Good Luck,

Herb Schulz
(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)