[texworks] What is your system?

Jérome Laurens jerome.laurens at u-bourgogne.fr
Thu Oct 2 23:00:27 CEST 2008

On 2 oct. 08, at 21:36, Karl Berry wrote:

>   Unless synctex gets incorporated rapidly in xpdf,
>
> I have not asked, but I find it hard to imagine that Derek would be
> interested in adding a TeX-specific feature to xpdf.  I was rather
> surprised (but pleased, of course) to hear that the Sumatra PDF author
> did so.
>
> karl
>
> P.S. FWIW, I also use xpdf, almost exclusively.  Occasionally gv.

Derek is aware of SyncTeX, he does not plan to include direct SyncTeX
support into xpdf,
but he plans to add some facilities to support synchronization with
the help of the synctex command line tool.
Some of them were already implemented in the forthcoming 3.03, others
are on his to do list.
I don't know how much work is required to implement them.
Anyway, the synctex command line tool actually available in TL2008
needs to be updated in order to have an acceptable synchronization.
When I have some time...

Jerome