[texworks] Suggestions

Alain Delmotte esperanto at swing.be
Wed Oct 1 08:57:47 CEST 2008

James Crippen a écrit :
> On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 08:51, Alain Delmotte <esperanto at swing.be> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'd like to have functions to put text in bold, italic, emphasized, slanted
>> and typewriter.
>> Not autocompletion, the other way: having some text typed, selecting part of
>> it and applying the format.
>>
>> Is it possible? Or is it planned? Or?
>>

> Do you mean just in the displayed text like with syntax highlighting,
> or in actual TeX source inserting "{\it ...}" or "\itshape{...}"around
> your selection? The two would be very different issues.

Not in the displayed text, in the source; having for example:

"The word italic should be in italic." already typed,
        selecting the word *italic*
        type, for example, Ctrl+I and have
"The word \textit{italic} should be in italic." (or, but I thing less
interesting for short text, {\itshape italic})

Alain Delmotte