[texworks] fontconfig issues

Jonathan Kew jonathan at jfkew.plus.com
Fri Sep 26 16:35:40 CEST 2008

On 26 Sep 2008, at 2:57 PM, Stephen Moye wrote:

> Thanks -- I went back to fontconfig.org and the file (v2.6)
> downloaded in record time, compiled, as did poppler without so much
> as a hiccup.
>
> Likewise, qmake seemed to work, but 'make' returns this:
>
> 	make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.
>
> Almost there... what's next?

On the Mac, qmake will by default create an Xcode project file, not a
makefile.

So after "qmake", try

   open TeXworks.xcodeproj

to open the project, then Build.

Warning: I suspect you may still have another issue to tackle. If your
setup is anything like mine, the poppler build probably didn't find Qt
by default, and therefore won't have built the poppler-qt4 interfaces.
When I build this, I set some flags for the configure script:
POPPLER_QT4_CFLAGS and ...LIBS or something like that. Sorry, I don't
recall the exact details offhand.

JK