[texworks] Regex for DTX mode

Will Robertson wspr81 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 26 16:33:41 CEST 2008

On 26/09/2008, at 11:42 PM, Joseph Wright wrote:

> Will Robertson wrote:
>> On 26/09/2008, at 10:17 PM, Joseph Wright wrote:
>>
>>> I'm trying to get the regex system to give me something similar to
>>> "DTX
>>> Mode" in WinEdt.  I note that I can't (1) make things bold or
>>> italic, or
>>> (2) alter the background colour, both of which would be nice.
>>
>> I'm not so fussed about #1 but #2 would be excellent :)
>
> Yes, background is more of an issue for me too.  I'm thinking that
> this
> allows combinations of properties, which I like the idea of.

I always wanted, but never seen, a syntax colouring system that
applies an additional semi-transparent colour to the background
whenever a group is entered. Then, nested groups would become darker
and darker. Not exactly easy to implement, though, especially since
you'd have to invert the text colour after certain darkness threshold.