[texworks] new snapshots

Will Robertson wspr81 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 24 16:38:40 CEST 2008

On 24/09/2008, at 11:34 PM, Jonathan Kew wrote:

> I have just posted new Mac and Windows snapshots from svn rev.167.
> This build includes configurable syntax-coloring, as well as a new
> "auto-indent" option in the editor (thanks for the suggestion, Will;
> don't worry, it's not turned on by default, Bruno!).

This seems to work really well! Even the edge cases that we discussed
are perfect :)

The only think I noticed was that changes aren't applied to already
open documents. This isn't a huge deal because you probably won't be
changing it that often. (This is a shortcoming of the entire pref
system, though, right?)

Without looking at how this is set up, should I assume that the
different auto-indent and syntax highlighting schemes are
configurable? In that case, I think it's okay that the auto-indent
options don't mention that they're supersets of their preceding
schemes. (I.e., "TeX comments" also incorporates "Whitespace only".)

Having said that, the following names, while longer, are possibly less

Whitespace and Comments
Whitespace, Comments, and DTX Prefixes

(I'd follow the Mac OS X precedent and use all uppercase first-letters.)

Many thanks!