[texworks] new snapshots

Will Robertson wspr81 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 24 16:38:40 CEST 2008

On 24/09/2008, at 11:34 PM, Jonathan Kew wrote:

> I have just posted new Mac and Windows snapshots from svn rev.167.
> This build includes configurable syntax-coloring, as well as a new
> "auto-indent" option in the editor (thanks for the suggestion, Will;
> don't worry, it's not turned on by default, Bruno!).

This seems to work really well! Even the edge cases that we discussed
are perfect :)

The only think I noticed was that changes aren't applied to already
open documents. This isn't a huge deal because you probably won't be
changing it that often. (This is a shortcoming of the entire pref
system, though, right?)

Without looking at how this is set up, should I assume that the
different auto-indent and syntax highlighting schemes are
configurable? In that case, I think it's okay that the auto-indent
options don't mention that they're supersets of their preceding
schemes. (I.e., "TeX comments" also incorporates "Whitespace only".)

Having said that, the following names, while longer, are possibly less
confusing:

None
Whitespace
Whitespace and Comments
Whitespace, Comments, and DTX Prefixes

(I'd follow the Mac OS X precedent and use all uppercase first-letters.)

Many thanks!
Will