[texworks] Earlier thoughts

gkv1 at mac.com gkv1 at mac.com
Sun Sep 21 13:24:19 CEST 2008

On Sep 21, 2008, at 5:42 AM, Jérome Laurens wrote:
> Here is my feature request:
>
> - in advanced mode, preset support for external text editors (with
> synchronization support of course, BTW does TeXShop support
> synchronization with external editors now?)

To me, this seems like the way to go. This way, you can keep the built-
in editor relatively simple and not spend a lot of time developing it
and reinventing the wheel. And more advanced users, or beginning users
already accustomed to a particular editor, can use their editor of
choice, be it Textmate, Winedt, Emacs, BBEdit, Vim, etc.

Geoff Vallis