[texworks] Early thoughts

Will Robertson wspr81 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 19 04:05:20 CEST 2008

On Fri, Sep 19, 2008 at 10:37 AM, Herbert Schulz <herbs at wideopenwest.com> wrote:

> On Sep 18, 2008, at 7:54 PM, Bruno Voisin wrote:
>> Please no automatic indentation

Do you seriously dislike TeXShop's automatic indentation? At a
minimum, that's all I'm asking for.

>> To make a more modern analogy, such "input help" feels to me
>> as annoying and as counter-productive as the dreaded iPhone auto-correction.

Err, the iPhone correction that people rely on to type their messages
accurately?

> I agree with Bruno here. I worked on expanding command completion in TeXshop
> simply because I get to control when it happens; you've got to press ESC so
> nothing happens automatically.

Okay, I agree I was probably going overboard with what the editor
could be doing automatically.

One thing I dislike about triggered command completion is that I use a
MacBook so hitting escape (vs. tab) is very difficult!

Will