[texworks] [Windows] Find again/Replace/Go to: Key bindings

Joseph Wright joseph.wright at morningstar2.co.uk
Thu Sep 4 15:23:18 CEST 2008

Bruno Voisin wrote:

> On the Mac, most common shortcuts are (in particular in the built-in
> TextEdit text editor):
>
> Cmd-F  = Find
> Cmd-G  = Find Next, Find Again
> Cmd-E  = Use Selection for Find, Copy to Find
> Cmd-L  = Go to Line

I guessed the the shortcuts made sense for other platforms.  The Ctrl-E
one for "Find selected" is not usually seen on Windows, but I don't
think the shortcut is taken so its not an issue.  As I've said Ctrl-G is
used in some places for "Find again".

> There's usually no shortcut for Replace, because the window opened by
> Find is actually a Find & Replace window (ie with Find and Replace fields).

This is obvious a Windows thing:  Find and Replace are different beasts!

> There are many variations to the search and replace functions offered by
> the various text editors (I checked with TextEdit, Xcode, BBEdit,
> Textures, TeXShop and TeXworks), but the above 4 shortcuts seem standard.

True, some are definitely more standardised than others.  I was just
thinking about the most common things, with I suppose Notepad as the
best mode (it is after all a plain text editor).

Joseph
--
Joseph Wright