[texworks] latex+dvips+pstopdf+viewpdf

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Wed Sep 3 14:57:45 CEST 2008

On Sep 3, 2008, at 5:21 AM, VAFA KHALIGHI wrote:

> I am a fan of latex and not pdflatex because I heavily use PSTricks.
> and if I want to get a pdf I have to do latex+dvips+pstopdf+viewpdf
> respectively.
> Is there any way that I can make texworks does
> latex+dvips+pstopdf+viewPDF just by one command?
> I tried my best but could not figure out how to do it?
>
> Thanks

Howdy,

Use simpdftex (part of TeX Live) which automates the processing
through latex->dvips->ps2pdf13. It is NOT a make-like program so it
doesn't resolve references, etc; for that try latexmk, <http://www.phys.psu.edu/~collins/software/latexmk/versions.html
 >.

The command line for simpdftex would be

simpdftex latex <file>

to tell simpdftex to use the latex format.

Good Luck,

Herb Schulz
(herbs at wideopenwest.com)