[texworks] new snapshots for Windows and Mac

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at me.com
Sun Aug 24 09:14:03 CEST 2008

Le 23 août 08 à 19:44, Jonathan Kew a écrit :

> Once again, there are new snapshots (svn r.132) available on http://code.google.com/p/texworks/downloads/list
>  for the Mac OS X and Win32 platforms. The most visible change this
> time is support for simple brace-matching in the editor.

Something I just remarked, not specific to this release: the keyboard
shortcuts for Indent/Unindent are incompatible with the French Mac
keyboard.

On this keyboard, [ and ] require Alt-Shift combinations, namely

(		= (
Shift-(		= 5
Alt-(		= {
Alt-Shift-(	= [

)		- )
Shift-)		= °
Alt-)		= }
Alt-Shift-)	= ]

TeXworks uses the shortcuts:

Cmd-Shift-]	= Comment
Cmd-Shift-[	= Uncomment
Cmd-]		= Indent
Cmd-[		= Unindent

To access either, you need to use Cmd-Alt-Shift-) and Cmd-Alt-Shift-
( on the French Mac keyboard. You get Comment and Uncomment, but no
Indent and Unindent.

If memory serves right, there used to be a similar problem on the Mac
with the Classic versions (<= 2.1) of Textures, though I think the
shortcuts failed by yielding nothing in return (neither Indent/
Unindent nor Comment/Uncomment).

> I am likely to be without internet access for the next week or so
> (vacation -- I might find the occasional hotspot and check email, but
> no guarantees); bug reports, suggestions, patches, etc., are of course
> still welcome but may not receive immediate attention.

Happy vacation!

Bruno Voisin