[texhax] LGR for xelatex/lualatex

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Thu May 24 10:04:49 CEST 2018

Am Wed, 23 May 2018 16:21:55 -0400 schrieb Bob Tennent:

> FiraSans has Greek but I think the point of using LGR is to
> replace Latin letters by Greek letters.

You can always force xelatex to use the type1 versions of the fonts:

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage[LGR]{fontenc}
\usepackage{fontspec}
\setmainfont{FiraSans}
\begin{document}

some text {\fontencoding{LGR}\fontfamily{cmr}\selectfont abcdefgh}

\end{document}

(replace cmr by the firasans family named used with pdflatex).

But as David wrote it would be better to use unicode fonts together
with  a transliteration (teckit) mapping.

--
Ulrike Fischer
http://www.troubleshooting-tex.de/