[texhax] TEX Live 2017 Multiple Installation Failures on Windows 10 Professional

Susan Dittmar Susan.Dittmar at gmx.de
Fri Mar 23 15:23:34 CET 2018

Hello,

Am 23.03.2018 um 09:45 schrieb TyneWare at Outlook.com:
> I attempted to install TEX Live 2017 from an .iso image obtained from
> www.tug.org<http://www.tug.org>.
>
> *rename C:/texlive/2017/tlpkg/texlive.tlpdb.tmp to
> C:/texlive/2017/tlpkg/texlive.tlpdb failed: Permission denied at
> c:/TEX/tlpkg/TeXLive/TLPDB.pm line 488, <STDIN> line 1.*

To me that sounds like Windows decided to protect you from any change in
the C:/texlive folder. As I do not know much about Windows, I cannot
directly help you, except that you could try installing TeX in your user
space (as opposed to directly below C:). That might at least allow you
to use it, though it's no system-wide installation then.

Perhaps someone more knowledgeable in Windows can chime in here.

Yours,
Susan

PS: You wrote to 'support at tug.org'. That is an alias for the mailing