[texhax] Centering "framed box" between two columns

Paul Gessler pdgessler at gmail.com
Tue Jan 30 21:46:03 CET 2018

Hi, as discussed in the comments to the answer to the TeX.SX question[1],
unfortunately pullquote is not available on CTAN because the author feels
it has shortcomings and doesn't feel it would have broad enough usage to
justify the effort in reducing those shortcomings.

Since it's not on CTAN, using it is a bit of a manual process. Also, since
it's not released, the usage of the package may change without warning and
support is somewhat "at your own risk", though typically the TeX community
is pretty good at supporting bits of code like this. Knowing this, if you
still want to use pullquote, you have to grab the pullquote.dtx file (and
pq-alice.jpg and pq-duck.pdf from the same directory in order to produce
the documentation) from the development sources[2] and process it into a
usable .sty file for your local machine. There is also a test file
pullquote_test.tex in the same development repository so you could test
your generated pullquote.sty file.

There are numerous articles/posts around the web about processing .dtx
files if you've never done this before.

Hope this helps,

PG

[1]: https://tex.stackexchange.com/q/53073/21344