[texhax] upcoming TeX conferences, May 1 deadlines

TeX Users Group tug-news at tug.org
Tue Apr 17 18:57:38 CEST 2018

Hi everyone - we wanted to send out a special note about the two
upcoming TUG-sponsored conferences:

- Practical TeX 2018 in Troy, New York, USA, June 25-27
https://tug.org/practicaltex2018/

- TUG 2018 in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, July 20-22
https://tug.org/tug2018/

Both conferences have plenty of special events scheduled; all info on
their respective web pages.

For simplicity, we made May 1 the general deadline for both conferences:
- early bird registration;
- call for papers.

The bursary (financial support) application deadline for TUG 2018 is
also May 1: https://tug.org/bursary.

Although we're happy to accept registrations and submissions after the
deadline (space permitting), we need to get a better sense of how many
people might be attending.

So, please, if you are interested in attending either or both, or
(especially) giving a talk, send in your information soon! Thanks.

Happy TeXing,
Karl Berry (on behalf of the conference committees)