[texhax] broken link for outocp

great123456 at mail.com great123456 at mail.com
Wed Apr 19 02:22:49 CEST 2017

On Mon, 17 Apr 2017 16:23:35 -0600
Karl Berry <karl at freefriends.org> wrote:
> Hi Tom - indeed, I have neglected to update all the omega-related web
> pages and documentation, since I know of nothing useful to point to.
> Patches welcome :).
>
>     Does anyone know of an open source program that will convert
>     unicode to simple ascii?
<snip>
A very simple program is utf8tolatin1. It is available from the o3read
package on my system. The webpage is http://siag.nu/o3read .
It converts to iso8859-1, but as I have encountered it, it is equivalent
to ASCII.
Another is recode. The recode package appears unmaintained, but it works
and is used by several programs as an alternative to iconv. It claims to
be "better" than iconv by, for example, allowing you to choose what
happens to byte sequences that are not representable in the new
character encoding.

Sincerely,
David