[texhax] A problem with dvips.

Rolf Turner r.turner at auckland.ac.nz
Wed Oct 12 01:30:09 CEST 2016

On 12/10/16 11:12, Tomas Rokicki wrote:
> This is due to a licensing issue that recently came to light;
> psfig licenses are incompatible with the GPL, and so much
> of the other software is GPL.  It's really too bad.
>
> But yes, startTexFig is gone, and so is, to my knowledge,
> all of psfig.
>
> The only solution I have is to move away from psfig.
>
> I guess someone could reimplement *something* but
> no one has stepped up.

As usual ( :-( ) I don't understand.

(a) I'm not (directly) using psfig (at least not the epsfig package).  I
use the graphicx package, and invoke \includegraphics, not \psfig.

(b) I don't seem to have trouble with other LaTeX files that I process,
where figures are involved.  (The problem just seems to arise when the
powerdot document class is used.)

Can you please clarify?  Ta.

cheers,

Rolf